2021 Eagle Rock Thursday Night League Rules
(Updated March 19, 2021)
• April 22nd at 5:30 pm: League meeting to review / discuss league rules (one player per team required)
Sign up via email by April 15th. Teams drawn from hat to determine Division.
• April 29th: First night of league play SHOTGUN START 5:30 pm.
League will consist of 15 weeks ending August 5th and is subject to change. Rain outs WILL NOT be made up.
• PLAYOFFS: Top 8 teams in each division qualify starting August 12th (See payouts below)
• League fees are $110 per 2-man team, DUE by April 22nd.
The Late penalty if not paid by April 29th: NO Points awarded until dues are paid!!!!!!
• League will play on opposite nines every other week
• CTP: $3 per player (optional) for each division confirmed by opponent. Sign up / pay before playing
• Skins: $3 per player (optional) for each division. Sign up / pay before playing on league nights only
• Hole #18 Chip-off $1 per player (optional) for all league players and subs
• We will use 80% calculation of your actual gross score for 9 holes.
Take a “double par” for a player picking up ball and not holing out. Handicaps will be calculated after each round.
If you have a handicap ending in .5 or higher it will be rounded up to next whole number.
Subs will have their handicaps calculated after they complete their first round and then
adjusted each time they sub for the remainder of the season. We will use 2020 handicaps for regulars and subs (rolling 5 weeks).
• Player A Team 1 vs. Player A Team 2, Player B Team 1 vs. Player B Team 2 with all strokes awarded for each player
• Maximum handicap for this league is 18 x 80% = 14. Scores will be adjusted accordingly
• Each match is played for 15 points.
o Player A Team 1 vs Player A Team 2 Match Play = 2 points
o Player B Team 1 vs Player B Team 2 Match Play = 2 points
o Team 1 vs Team 2 Net Totals = 2 points
o Team 1 vs Team 2 one better ball net = 1 point per hole, 9 holes = 9 points
• Scorecards will be prepared with handicaps and found in the Pro Shop prior to tee times.
• If you have a sub play that is not reported prior to 12 noon on a league night you will need to
adjust handicaps, names, etc. on scorecard. New subs will establish a handicap following 1st round.
The following actions will be implemented in regards to incorrect, incomplete or unsigned scorecards:
A signed card (Scorer and Attest) will be counted as a FINAL CARD.
• One player from each team will review the scorecard and sign it BEFORE leaving the course.
• Should a complaint/question/clarification be requested after an incorrect, incomplete or unsigned scorecard is submitted:
o The Scorer will be issued
o If the same Scorer has a 2nd occurrence, his team will be docked 1 point.
o If the same Scorer has a 3rd occurrence, his team will be docked 2 points and that Scorer will be asked to not keep score.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please email Ron Coles using the email listed on the website "Contact" page.
• Scorecards must be placed in designated /marked mailbox inside Pro Shop upon completion of match by 8:30 pm
• Circle all birdies and eagles to qualify for skins payouts.
• FIRST HALF (8 weeks ending June 17th)
o Top 5 teams based on total points through June 17th
• SECOND HALF (7 weeks ending August 5th)
o Top 5 teams based on total points from Week 9 through 15
• TOTAL Total points for entire 15 weeks
o Top 5 teams for each division
o Top 8 teams in each division based on total points. August 12th through Sept. 2nd
o Payouts to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place team for each division.
o Final Playoff Match: Hogan Playoff Champ vs Snead Playoff Champ
LEAGUE STANDINGS, PROXIMITY RESULTS, HOLE ASSIGNMENTS, HANDICAPS & SUB LIST
• These will be posted online by Monday following previous Thursday League play.
• You may hit 2 balls on first tee and play the better of the two
• Everyone will play from White Tees using USGA, except as modified by local rules and league rules.
• League rules ARE NOT TO BE adjusted by teams before a match begins.
• Keep pace of play, slow play rules will be enforced
• You may only roll/touch/clean your ball in your own fairway through the green up to 6 inches
but no closer to hole (Winter Rules). Everywhere else play the ball as it lies (down) unless posted otherwise.
• If necessary, Pro Shop will post Winter Rules for everywhere based on course conditions for that round
• Be a gentleman and discuss rules or questions with your playing partner and opponents to
determine a honest judgment regarding drops, out of bounds (white stakes), ground under repair, hazard point of entry (red / yellow stakes), and hole by hole score.
• If an agreement cannot be reached or there is a dispute, play 2 balls and mark both scores on card.
Discuss with Ron Coles or Marc Sanchez following completion of your match.
All league committee decisions are final. Continued unsportsmanship or harassment may result in suspension from league.
• Interior OB will only be the parking lot and clubhouse. Exterior OB lines are marked with
white stakes and are stroke and distance penalties. If you are unsure if your shot went OB,
play a provisional ball. If you find your original ball, pick up your provisional (this will save time).
• “Gimmies” on putting surface need to be agreed between teams prior to match
• If you hit the ball into a bunker that is marked as ground under repair or any area in question,
take the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole. You take full relief (not standing in
the bunker or on the bare spot) then drop within one club length. NO CLOSER TO THE HOLE!
• Matches that cannot be played on a league night must be completed by the Sunday immediately
following that Thursday (within 3 days). Contact a member of the other team. Teams should agree
on a mutually beneficial time/date for the make-up. If one team can’t play at all that week, they
will receive zero (0) points and their opponents will play vs. the “GHOST” scorecard. This must
be reported to pro shop by 12 noon on Wednesday before league night to notify opponents.
• NO SHOWS?? Attendance for matches will be tracked. Teams or players that do not show up for
league and do not have subs may be asked to leave the league. They are other teams
interested in joining. NO REFUNDS of League Fees if you are asked to leave the league.
• If there is a “NO SHOW” team or one player, the opponent will play against a “GHOST” scorecard
obtained from the pro shop. The “GHOST” scorecard will have a 3 over par score
with bogeys on the 3 most difficult holes. A “GHOST” has a zero (0) handicap.