2020 Eagle Rock Thursday Night League Rules
(Updated July 4th, 2020)
• May 7th at 5:30 pm: League meeting to review / discuss / vote league rules (only one player per team)
6:15 pm: Optional 2-man scramble. Cash payouts based on total entries.
Sign up via email by April 30th. Teams were drawn from hat to determine Division.
• May 14th: First night of league play TEE TIMES STARTING AT 4 pm. League will consist of 15 weeks ending
August 20th and is subject to change. Rain outs WILL NOT be made up.
• PLAYOFFS: Top 8 teams in each division qualify starting August 27th (See payouts below)
• League fees are $100 per 2-man team, DUE by May 14th. The Late penalty if not paid by May 14th: NO Points awarded until dues are paid!!!!!!
• League will play on opposite nines every other week
• CTP: $3 per player (optional) for each division confirmed by opponent. Sign up / pay before playing
• Skins: $3 per player (optional) for each division. Sign up / pay before playing on league nights only
• Hole #18 Chip-off $1 per player (optional) for all league players and subs
• We will use 80% calculation of your actual gross score for 9 holes. Take a “double par” for a player picking up ball
and not holing out. Handicaps will be calculated after each round. If you have a handicap ending
in .5 or higher it will be rounded up to next whole number. Subs will have their handicaps calculated after
they complete their first round and then adjusted each time they sub for the remainder of the season.
We will use 2019 handicaps for regulars and subs (rolling 5 weeks).
• Player A Team 1 vs. Player A Team 2, Player B Team 1 vs. Player B Team 2 with all strokes awarded for each player
• Maximum handicap for this league is 18 x 80% = 14. Scores will be adjusted accordingly
• Each match is played for 15 points.
o Player A Team 1 vs Player A Team 2 Match Play = 2 points
o Player B Team 1 vs Player B Team 2 Match Play = 2 points
o Team 1 vs Team 2 Net Totals = 2 points
o Team 1 vs Team 2 one better ball net = 1 point per hole, 9 holes = 9 points
• Scorecards will be prepared with handicaps by Pro Shop prior to 5:30 pm shotgun.
• If you have a sub play that is not reported prior to 12 noon
on a league night you will need to adjust handicaps, names, etc. on scorecard.
• Scorecards MUST be completed in full and SIGNED by one player from each team. Incomplete,
incorrect or unsigned scorecards will be DISQUALIFIED…NO POINTS FOR EITHER TEAM. Calculate points = 15.
• Scorecards must be placed in designated /marked mailbox inside Pro Shop upon completion of match by 8:30 pm
• Circle all birdies and eagles to qualify for skins payouts.
• FIRST HALF (8 weeks ending July 2nd)
o Top 5 teams based on total points through July 2nd
• SECOND HALF (7 weeks ending August 20th)
o Top 5 teams based on total points from Week 9 through 15
• TOTAL Total points for entire 15 weeks
o Top 5 teams for each division
o Top 8 teams in each division based on total points. August 27th through Sept. 17th
o Payouts to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place team for each division.
LEAGUE STANDINGS, PROXIMITY RESULTS, HOLE ASSIGNMENTS, HANDICAPS & SUB LIST
• These will be posted online by Monday following previous Thursday League play.
• You may hit 2 balls on first tee ONLY and play the better of the two
• Everyone will play from White Tees using USGA and local course rules (listed on scorecard).
• Keep pace of play, slow play rules will be enforced
• You may only roll/touch/clean your ball in YOUR OWN FAIRWAY through the green up to 6 inches but no closer to hole (Winter Rules)
Everywhere else play the ball as it lies (down) unless posted otherwise.
If necessary, Pro Shop will post Winter Rules EVERYWHERE based on course conditions for that round ONLY
• Be a gentleman and discuss rules or questions with your playing partner and opponents to
determine a honest judgment regarding drops, out of bounds (white stakes), ground
under repair, hazard point of entry (red / yellow stakes), and hole by hole score.
• If an agreement cannot be reached or there is a dispute, play 2 balls and mark both scores on card.
Discuss with Ron Coles or Marc Sanchez following completion of your match.
All league committee decisions are final.
Continued unsportsmanship or harassment may result in suspension from league.
• Interior OB will only be the parking lot and clubhouse. Exterior OB lines are marked with white
stakes and are stroke and distance penalties. If you are unsure if your shot went OB,
play a provisional ball. If you find your original ball, pick up your provisional (this will save time).
• “Gimmies” on putting surface need to be agreed between teams prior to match
• If you hit the ball into a bunker that is marked as ground under repair or any area in question,
take the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole. You take full relief (not standing in the
bunker or on the bare spot) then drop within one club length. NO CLOSER TO THE HOLE!
• Matches that cannot be played on a league night must be completed by the Sunday immediately
following that Thursday (within 3 days). Teams should agree on a mutually beneficial time/date.
If one team can’t play at all that week, they will receive zero (0) points and their opponents will get 15 points.
This must be reported to pro shop by 12 noon on Wednesday before league night to notify opponents.
• NO SHOWS?? Attendance for matches will be tracked. Teams or players that do not show up for
league and do not have subs may be asked to leave the league. They are other teams
interested in joining. NO REFUNDS of League Fees if you are asked to leave the league.
• If there is a “NO SHOW” team or one player, the opponent will play against a “GHOST” scorecard
obtained from the pro shop. The “GHOST” scorecard will have a 3 over par score with bogeys on the 3 most difficult holes.